Saturday, June 5

Sew much fun....

Yes, I am still on my sewing kick. I am enjoying creating new things from what I already own.
I recently found out how to use elastic thread.
I came across this tutorial for a redo using a men's dress shirt.
Disney (what a fun name) is the blog author and I love reading her blog.
Check it out here.
I made a couple of changes.
She added snaps to secure some of the gaps between the botton holes and
I decided to just sew the shirt closed. Viola, no gaps.
below picture not that clear...taken by Ava.
I think this is a great summer shirt to wear when eating great food and
drinking cold beer. Plenty of room and no worries about the belly...... :)

So time to make something for my pretty girl...
There are plenty of tutorials on how to make a
simple shirred or smocked (not sure what the right word is...) dress.

So this is what I made.

I really like this dress on Ava (and so does she).

How fun...cute dress from fabric I have had for several years!

Still having experimenting with elastic thread, I found this easy tutorial
for a fun summer scarf.
Dana (author of the MADE blog) has so many great ideas!
This one was made of a light brown checked seersucker.


Maybe I have inspired someone...
Happy Saturday to all!!!

No comments: