Wednesday, June 30

red, white, and blue...

just in time for the fourth.
Inspired by different handmade wreaths, I decided to make my own.
I used a grapevine wreath (already on hand) and strips of leftover fabric.
I cut strips of fabric and tied bows all over the wreath and
I "separated" the blue area from the red area with some found fake carnation flowers.


I really like the way it turned out.
:)


On to the kitchen.
I have been wanting to try making my own homemade strawberry freezer jam.
Ava got busy mashing all the berries.... and adding (and tasting) the sugar.
(yes, ava has crazy hair, some days we just don't fight over it...)

Very quickly we made our own jars of beautiful strawberry jam!
mmmmm...


Gotta show of the fruits of my man's labor...
loads of tomatoes and crazy cucumbers.


I also stitched up some red and white striped cloth napkins.
I just love using cloth napkins.


RED, WHITE, & BLUE.

-Shannon

No comments: