Thursday, July 2

all for jerk...

Has anyone ever really bought a whole chicken and cut it into pieces? hmmm.
Ok. I do consider myself a bit of a foodie. I love everything to do with food and about food.
So since it is the holiday weekend and we are going to be grilling up some grilled jerk chicken....I purchased whole chickens and cut them into the pieces myself. YEP...breasts, thighs, legs, and wings. I have always seen various food show host/hostesses performing this task but never have attempted myself. Well....my thoughts: not too bad or difficult, but quite messy and slightly icky. Once I was done I felt the need to sanitize everything in the kitchen area, including washing my hands in scalding water only to then spray them with my "greener version" of hand sanitizer spray (clean well). I was proud of myself :) I know have a bag of cutup chicken marinating in my frig in a wonderful jerk marinade (provided by my brother-in-law)...and the chicken was cheaper to buy this way...which always makes me happy. Can't wait to eat!
I actually bought some plantains at the farmer's market to make with the jerk chicken! yumm!
will post pics with the resulting jerk chicken soon!

No comments: