Friday, May 15

The scents in our yard...













I love this time of year. I really love the scents experienced outdoors this time of year. Right now the smell of the honeysuckle that is growing on our fence makes me smile. We have chocolate mint (yes, there is such a thing) in a container by our hammock that smells like thin mints...mmm! We also have a giant rosemary bush, basil, thyme, and oregano in our herb garden. It is so fun to teach Ava about the herbs and let her smell them. ((now getting her the eat them is a different story, although she did try the chocolate mint :)
And of course what could be better than the aroma of yummy food on the grill. I think grilling all the time is wonderful...but nothing is better than a late cool evening after a hot day with good food on the grill and a bucket of cold beer/wine with friends.
I am so ready for the summer time, I love it!

1 comment:

Danielle said...

I used to have some chocolate mint and it does smell wonderful. Isn't it great when kids know to rub the herbs with their fingers and smell the goodness??